- Three 20 minute run-time periods.
- Stop clock at 2 goal difference in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period.
- Minor penalties - 3 minutes, and will start at the drop of the puck. 3+ penalties - game done.
- Major penalties – see below under suspensions.
Responsibilities of the Team and Player
- All players must be registered with USA Hockey before playing any game.
- Complaints regarding officials or USA Hockey associations must be taken to USA Hockey.
- Complaints or concerns regarding Patterson Ice Center or its staff must be brought to the manager on duty by the captain only, but only after 24 hours have passed.
- Alcohol: If a player is suspected to be intoxicated, they will be asked to leave the game. If the player fails to cooperate with the officials/ice center staff, they will be suspended for one year from date of incident. 5. A player can only play on one team per league.
- Each team can register a maximum of 25 players. Changes and additions allowed until roster freeze date. After that time, all changes must be made through director for the official Play Off roster.
- Players may be required to show a valid photo ID before each and/or any game. Be prepared.
- Each player must play a minimum amount of games to be eligible for Play Offs.
- Each Player must have a face mask or a half shield. All other equipment is as USA Hockey requires.
- All players must check in before their games at the designated table.
- Teams must have same color jerseys and players a consistent jersey number.
The Ice Rink
- Players must stay off the ice until the zamboni is off the ice!
- Pucks may not be used until the zamboni is off the ice and zamboni door is CLOSED.
- Please notify staff before your game if your locker room is dirty or if there is previous damage. - 100$ charge for any damage to locker rooms or destruction evident.
The playing rules:
** Interpretations of all rules will be determined first by the referees, and second by league director.
- All games are USA Hockey sanctioned and will be played under USA Hockey rules. Patterson Ice Center reserves the right to strengthen any rules for protection of staff or players.
- 4 players and goalie or less will result in team forfeiture at the end of the 5 minute mark in the 1st period. The remaining time will be available to the opposing team.
- The official staff can remove any player for any reason from the ice and building at any time.
- Blue Line Icing' - Icing will be called from inside your blue line only.
- Checking is not permitted and will be treated as a minor for bodychecking.
- All league levels are slapshot
- Tied games will remain as such during regular season. Play Offs - 5 min sudden death, then shootout.
- All teams shall have a captain. The Captain is the only player to ask the referee for rule interpretation.
- Any league with age or player ability restrictions will be given those said stipulations at the beginning.
- Players must serve their suspensions. A team allowing a suspended player to play will forfeit that game.
- Game Misconduct (GMC) suspensions are as follows:
- 1 GMC = 1 game suspension
- 3 total GMCs = player done for a season 16 games and under
- 5 total GMCs = player done for a season 16 games and over
- total GMC’s are the combination of any progressive major and/or fighting and/or other GMC suspensions
- Major penalties:
- all majors will include a game misconduct.
- progressive majors - (as listed in USA Hockey – new as of 2014/2015 season – rule 411):
- 1st /2nd offense – 1 GMC each
- 3rd offense – 3 GMC’s/done for season due to 5 total (if just progressive majors)
- fighting - (as listed in USA Hockey – new as of 2014/2015 season – rule 615):
- 1st offense – 1 GMC
- 2nd offense – 3 GMC’s
- 3rd offense – done for season due to 5 total (if just fighting)/suspended until hearing with USA Hockey Board
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR THE ABOVE CIRCUMSTANCES!